Research the brief and explore the existing artefacts. Present your findings in graphic format, so a reader with little to no background knowledge will be able to understand the story you are trying to tell.
Whats the purpose of this output?
- Begins building your knowledge and awareness of physical shape and features of existing artefacts, past and present.
- Encourages you to analyse different influences and designs through the artefacts.
- Looking at how the artefacts have evolved you begin to:
- Creates awareness the different design influences, the new needs and capabilities of the artefact and how they have adapted.
- This creates a link to the next output which focuses on what you have explored but in more detail.