Create a detailed SolidWorks model of your design modifications/ Concept design, produce the related orthographic and rendered pictorial and photorealistic views.
Whats the purpose of this output?
- This allows you to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have acquired from the previous outputs in SolidWorks
- Gives a true representation of what you artefact will look like in reality
- By creating a detailed model of your design you will:
- Allow the reader to understand your design ideas at a deeper level
- Be able to produce this artefact if needed, as all necessary information is included
You will utilise and develop the skills you have acquired over the duration of this assignment.
Key points to consider
- Why is it important to use the best profile of the part to sketch?
- How can design intent benefit your drawing?
- Why do you think it would be important to correctly model parts in relation to the assembly process?
- What is important when creating orthographic views of your artefact?
- What is the purpose of an exploded view?
- What is important when creating a photorealistic image of your artefact?